Sunday, June 8, 2008

A Day of Rest

What a very nice day today has been! My Sunday morning routine of an early visit to the Pancake House (this week with my son), my routine swim at Bally's, and then a really lovely worship service at church with lots of music interspersed with scripture. And, as I was about to leave the church building, there was a delightful meeting up with an old friend from days long gone. Fun! Then off to a graduation party with relatives. There's something very special and comfortable about gathering with family at occasions such as this - sharing recent happenings and remembering old times. I'm so fortunate to have such a broad, rich heritage with such wonderful people. They are so kind and generous...and we seem to love one another with no holds barred and no put-on faces.

Another very special treat today? Returning from church and finding between our side doors, a beautifully-presented large, white envelope with big green, very fancily decorated letters reading "Happy Birthday Shirley Girly"! (They had been place there several days ago on my actualy birthday but since we rarely use that door - we found it later rather than earlier.) It was no mystery from whom this special little package came because there aren't too many folks who call me "Shirley Girly". My little Brennan friends, Riley-Roo, Joe-man (and their mom) had made and placed beautiful drawings and letterings (plus a card) for me out of brilliant colors and lines and words of greetings. Do you know how that makes the heart sing?! They now proudly hang on my fridge - and each time I walk past, my heart and my face just smiles.

Well, it's now the end of this day that God has allowed me to enjoy and the "tireds" have hit. How very thankful I am for all that has been placed in my world today.

No comments: